Sunday, February 11, 2007

The end of IHG...

After 4 seasons of trainings and competitions, my participation in NTU's Inter Hall Games has officially come to an end on 28th Jan.... It's been a great experience for me because I really enjoyed the trainings and the guy's company. I guess I've been very fortunate to be part of Hall 6 which has a rich sports culture. In fact, I feel that being part of Hall 6 is what keeps me interested and motivated for the past 4 IHG.

Yes, Hall 6 has been regarded as a Sports Hall and we're better than most halls in many games. But it's not being in the winning team which I’m happy about because we weren't even the Sports Champions since 2001. Throughout my stay in this hall, I've experienced the tremendous amount of support that Hall 6 has. Some seniors has always mentioned about Hall 6 Spirit and while everyone has their own definition of how Hall 6 Spirit should be like, to me, the effort of the players as well as the motivating supporters are what endears me to this hall.

If there was any regret, it would be that I did not manage to win a medal for Sepak takraw. Some friends congratulate me for getting into the semi-finals, the best achievement for the past 4-5 years I guess but I think it still did not do my team justice. They deserve better and to come agonizingly close to the finals only to lose out is very painful indeed. This IHG, I’m most attached to my Sepak Takraw team which I felt has put in the most effort (in those I’ve taken part) and never really complained.

In winning the gold for softball, I’m glad to go out on a high. 2 Gold and 2 Silver..... that's what I've achieved statistically. But i've gained much more... and it is the memories of the trainings and competitions that will stay with me for the rest of my life. When you're playing or cheering your hearts out for your fellow teammates like what many Sixers do, winning or losing becomes secondary. Thank you Hall 6!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home