WoRld Cup!!!
The biggest sporting event is here again. World Cup! Held every 4 years, this is the biggest and most anticipated event, even more than the Olympic Games. For those who dun understand why there's such a big fuss abt this world cup, lets just say it involves the sport that is loved by most ppl. Football is simple the greatest game ever played by mankind. At least that's wat many ppl think. For World Cup, ppl can forget about their hatred n difference (albeit temporarily), nations divided can stand united and nations at/ torn by war can gain temporary peace.Recently Serbia n Montenegro had decided to split. The country will be of no more. The team playing under the flag of Serbia n Montenegro at the current World Cup will be the 1st and the last ever team. It is sad hat their journey in this tournament will come to an end soon. They no longer have any chance to progress after 2 losses. Well, thats the cruelty of tournaments like this, some lose, some win.
This World Cup is somewat different for me than the previous few. Ive started watching world cup since 1994. And I'm hopelessly hooked ever since then. I can never ever miss a World Cup tats for sure. Back then, every one is equally obsessed. Among frens, there was always the frenly bets. Come to think of it, i even had a small book for records...not just the score... hehe. Wonder where i threw the book...
Anyway, this time I had not placed any bets. Maybe its the timing and atmosphere. When the World Cup kicked off on 9th June, I was still under my attachment program. The thoughts abt having to go to work the next day has more or less killed off some of my passion to follow the games. Now tat the attachment is over, i'm able to concentrate on the games.. hehe
I'll be supporting Argentina and Holland as i have always done and I'm looking towards their performance in the latter stages.... so far.. Argentina trashing Serbia 6-0..... wat a joy :)... shall start commenting on the matches soon...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home