Sunday, September 18, 2005

Tokyo Day 4-6!

So my presentation is over and the burden is gone.... Day 4 became the day when i really get the chance to travel around a little!! hehe. The original plan was to go for the conference inthe morning and then follow the tour to edo tokyo museum and sumo wrestling competition... however as i met up with my new friends at the conference place, we decided to skip the session and go for our own little tour before joining the group for the sumo wrestling.... New destination? Asakusa!! We're visiting the Sensoji Temple!!

I guess it's becoz that I haven't really got the chance to travelo around... i really behaved like a crazed guy tat day... haha .. kept snapping shots away with my camera. As wat Serena, my new friend said... it's as if I owed myself a whole lot of photos... and yes, i was! Just touring around that place could took up 2 hours!!... and it was really tiring considering i was wearing my shirt and pants with leather shoes... haha. Some pics of my trip are available at www.photos.yahoo.com/jianyong83 so there's really nth that i gotta descript. Some interesting stuff esp the snacks that they sell there... i guess if i were to buy, Il just put there for display....coz it looks just so nice..

After the temple, we went for the sumo wrestling... interesting at 1st but it gets repetitive as time goes by..so in the end we decided to go out and visitthe nearby Yasuda Garden. Unfortunately the place was closed.... so we walked around the neighbourhood before going to the Conference Banquet...... the food was nothing special though.... a little disappointing coz i was expecting some really good food.

Day 5 was another travelling day..... We went to Yokohama.... by the sea.. and the wind sure was forceful!!! When we stepped out of the station, the force of the wind caught us by surprise.....I stopped in my tracks while the gals we blown away( ok.. it was just 2 steps) but it was great ... strong wind with a sunny weather.... Toured around abit there before heading to Chinatown..... but... i would suggest that don't ever go there if u are in Japan... coz it's hugely disappointing. ... there's no Chinese feel to that place at al!! We were really disappointed.

SO after that disappointment, we decided to go back to Tokyo and headed to Harajuku instead! Yeah.. the place where all the youngsters hang out and where we can see them dressing in various "trendy" clothes. An hell it sure was an "eye opener"! hahaha Kawaii school girls in cute uniforms, various themes of dressing.... yup! really can see the difference in their lifestyle.... everyone plays mix n match so it seems like a norm there.. I guess if u were to do tat in spore or malaysia... u'll be seen as a freak.. haha.. if you have a chance to be in Japan, do take a walk around the Takeshita Dori street!

After that we went to Shinjuku for dinner and a short walk.... went to the Takashimaya there.. and that place is much bigger than the one in spore of coz! Shijuku really have an active nite life and the station is definitely the busiest in japan! For those who don;t know, Shinjuku is also known for it's adult entertainment.. haha..... and yes... it really was an interesting experience :)

So after that, it was back to the hotel and pack up..... last nite in Tokyo.... really wished I could stay there longer!!! Argh!! Was really tempted to follow Serena to Kyoto!! Kinda envious of her ....staying on for 5 more days!! wow... really tour Japan.... anyway... life is like tat... I'll probably be back in Japan in the future! coz there's still so many things i wanna explore... the rainbow bridge in tokyo, kyoto, mount fuji, etc etc..... one thing for sure.... I wont forget Tokyo!! I guess this experience has given me a real boost in my pursuit of my dreams.... To travel as much as i can and to see as much as i can!! I've taken the first step... been to my first stop.... and there'll be many more to come!! (hopefully). I guess when ppl say travelling can broaden one's horizon, it's really true. Really grateful for this experience and glad to have met so many interesting ppl for their stories have never failed to amaze me...... I guess that's more or less the end of my Tokyo adventure.....I'll be looking forward to my next trip......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home